Thursday, June 30, 2016

Brand New

Now that we are all settled into the summer house, we are getting excited for things to begin on the build for the new house.  We are currently in the permitting phase, so the lot is just sitting there, empty, with a sold sign in the front.

The green space behind us in this picture is the parkland, so we are standing on the middle of our lot.  I'm excited to have that great view and lots of opportunities to go exploring!


The new house is a 1.5 stories, 5 bedroom home (one will be an office) and bonus room upstairs..  Everything is on the main level except the bonus room, which makes it basically function like a one story house - which I adore.  When we were touring the area, this was the only home and neighborhood that literally checked off every box for what we wanted.  The only concession we had to make was the size of the backyard.  We have been spoiled with our backyard so far and the new yard will be smaller - but with the great parkland behind us, I think it will still feel big.  Todd and I have been through the design center and the house is set to move forward - just waiting on those pesky permits!  I made a collage of all the choices we made and I think it is going to look really pretty.


Starting at the top left:  backsplash for kitchen, white shaker cabinets in kitchen, grayish quartz countertops, hardwood flooring, wrought iron spindles for stairway, brick & tile choices, carpet, cabinet hardware, front door and outdoor brick/paint colors.

The elevation of the front will look like this, but in different colors.


For those of you still interested and loving this blog post (that has nothing to do with the kids...) then read on!  This is the basic floor plan of the house and the (not to scale) bonus room. 



All the kids will be off the main hallway - Erin is in the first bedroom (4), Lia in bedroom 3 and Halle in bedroom 2.  They will all share that hallway bathroom.  We figured out their room assignments based only on their current furniture and what would fit best.  :)  The last bedroom (5) will be used as the home office.

Amy has been awesome and doing scale drawings and helping to figure out furniture placement for the apartments and we did the same for the new houses too.


I was excited to see how things would fit and the potential functioning of each room.  The items that are slightly darker in color are the things I do not currently own...  so this apartment living will hopefully help us save up some money to get some furnishings!

I've been scouring through Pinterest like a crazy person and figured out a basic inspiration for the living room design.  I'm excited about how light and airy it will be.  


The kids bedrooms will remain basically the same in color and design because I loved them all.  I think it will help them transition if they see a room that looks similar to what they had before.  I'm going to let Lia choose her own paint color (from a small list of approved choices) so she can have some ownership there, but Erin and Halle get what I pick!!!  :)  (probably for the last time, so I'm going to enjoy that ability!).

Anyway, we are excited and will be posting more pictures of the progress once we finally get moving on the build!  They say we should be done by Christmas, but considering we have only a hunk of dirt right now, I have my doubts.. . we'll see!!




No comments:

Post a Comment