It is my night on baby duty and so I thought I would kill some time before the late night feeding. I know you all have been going through withdrawals lately - I know, I know, a whole week... totally inexcusable. :)
First things first: the crib saga update. Since Lia figured out how to climb from her crib even with my specially rigged sleep sack, we are calling it done. Yep, you heard it here folks, big girl bed (and all the horror to follow) here we come. JOY. (ugh.)
I have been searching to the ends of the earth to find strategies that I feel stand a chance of working and we will see how it goes. I did take Lia to target today to buy her brand new big girl bed sheets. She seemed to have fun and even if she has no clue what the heck I'm talking about, she was happy to get to pick something of her very own. What did she choose? Well...
 |
| Out of all the choices in the aisle... |
 |
| Lia chose horses and... |
 |
| TRAINS! (is anyone really surprised?) haha |
 |
| and a very special birdie night light. |
So, everyone say their prayers for us... we are starting Thursday so we can make the most of the weekend days before I'm on my own. Whew. I'm already tired just thinking about it.
The other big change around here is that the babies are doing 95% of their napping upstairs in their room! This is fabulous for me b/c I can have the monitor with me while playing with Lia outside, etc. Before I was having to go back and forth a ton to make sure they were okay. This is great!!
They aren't doing that great in their cribs, so I have them in the rock n plays (but this picture was too cute to pass up!). Lia is learning to be gentle and sweet with her sisters and most of the time does very well. She only nailed Halle with one toy so far... first of many I'm sure...
So, the babies come downstairs for their awake time to play and eat. They are getting pretty good at tummy time!
 |
| Halle |
 |
| Erin |
Napping upstairs also means that the risk to the babies has diminished enough that the protective barrier gate can come down!! Holy cow our living room feels twice as big!
 |
| Todd's idea of funny. Poor Halle! |
 |
| Mimi fixing Lia's hair in a special way... I swear, you give this kid access to water you can do ANYTHING |
 |
| Double pony baby! |
This next picture is one of my favorites just because of what she was doing when I took it. We play a game with Lia where we will draw a picture and she will guess what it is or she will tell us what to draw for her to see. So, here is her playing the same game with Sydney.
 |
"Hi Syd. Yeeya draw, see? Fwower! More? Bob-o! See?"
Translation: Lia saying hi to Sydney, sitting down next to her and telling her "Lia draw." (scribbles) See? Flower! More? (scribbles) Bob-o! (aka Uncle Stephen) See?
Holy crap. So. Freaking. Cute. |
I am SO grateful the weather has been cooling down a little bit so we can get outside in the mornings and evenings almost daily. The babies have been enjoying their stroller time and are only semi-reclined now! They can see!
And, we have resumed hammock time! Much to Lia's great pleasure.
Alright - I hear a baby squawking - that's my cue. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment