Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Festivities

Easter Day!  We had a great day with family and friends celebrating the occasion.  The Easter bunny brought the girls cute Easter baskets full of goodies which the Easter bunny I'm sure had a blast collecting and presenting.  *wink wink*

Halle's is blue, Lia's is purple and Erin's is green.  Hoping to use these baskets each year from now on.  They are great!  Just need to figure out where to store them....

We gave the baskets to the girls in the morning so they had some time to play with the things inside before people were coming for brunch and our egg hunt.






Erin and Halle loved their books more than I expected and are probably getting to the age where books will be really fun.  I'm excited for that!

We took the kids out to the front porch to see if we could get a good picture of all three before stains hit their cute clothes and the sugar rush would set in... It was a bit difficult and in an effort to get the kids to look, Todd ended up taking this picture - which, actually, I think is pretty cute.


Halle was munching away on a cracker and Erin just had better things to do, so strangely enough we ended up with more cute ones of Lia than anyone else.


At the end, we did pull it off and got this one, which is pretty stinking cute.  Halle still has a mouthful, but at least you can't see it, right?

After that, it was time for some fun!!



Halle!  I was so shocked, both Halle and Erin kept these bunny ears on nearly the entire day.

I love this one of GG and Erin.

 All three "big" girls did great hunting for eggs and required much less intervention from the adults than last year for sure!
Penelope looking stylish as she hunts for eggs.





Comparing their loot!




I can only imagine how much crazier egg hunts will become as the year's pass.  More competition, more eggs, more sugar.  Man, I'm already excited and dreading it all at once.


Super studly baby, David, who moved in next door a few months ago.  He's close to Erin and Halle's age and they are already vying for his attention!  Can't blame them - he's a cutie! 


This is the best one we could manage with all the girls - Penelope's brother, Calvin, was not the least bit interested in getting involved!  haha!

Sweet hugs from Mady





Mady and Lia have become quite astute in determining which adult is the most likely to push them on the swings.  Mimi was their victim this time around.  I think we are all excited for when they learn to pump themselves.... 

Angry bunny....
 We were daring and attempted some family pictures...  We got some that are, okay.  Sort of.  Lia was compliant at times, but then just flashed her ridiculous fake smile,  We are getting our family pictures taken by a professional in a couple weeks, so I'm hoping for better results!  Ashley - If you are reading this... I hope you are up to the task!  :)


We also tried to get some with the grandparents.  With pretty similar results...






Cute one of Lia and her "Bama"

This is Lia's silly fake smile.  Could be worse I guess....

We had a great day full of wonderful memories - Thanks to everyone who was able to share in the fun!


1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! Having three so close in age must be a handful sometimes, but the experiences they have together are priceless! Great work, Momma!

    ReplyDelete