Monday, March 21, 2016

SpRiNg BrEaK!

The girls were off school last week for spring break and I was determined to stay busy.  I knew that if we didn't have something to do each day, my level of sanity and the happy state of the family would take a turn for the worse...

Monday we met up with the girls' friends from school, Parker & Ryan, for what was supposed to be a hot tub swim time.  The hot tub was fabulous for the kids and they had a great time playing, but eventually got very curious about playing in the big pool.  Despite it being FREEZING, they jumped right in and had a total ball.







Erin really wanted these goggles to work for her...



We probably overstayed our welcome at Parker and Ryan's house, but the kids were having so much fun we didn't want to break it up.

Tuesday was a very special day for Halle.  She got to have a sleepover with Gramma and Grampa!  She was so excited and kept saying "I get a sweepover at gamma's house, just ME!"  She got all dressed up and was jumping up and down when my mom arrived.  Erin and Lia had to learn a pretty tough lesson about being happy for their sister and wishing her well, rather than pitching a royal jealous fit.  We're getting there...  :)



Halle did well on her sleepover and had a fantastic time playing, baking, reading books, doing crafts and they even had a trip to the zoo!  

Thursday we met up with Parker and Ryan again (they were on spring break too - Kim and I were in the same insanity boat!) at the Wildflower Center.  We had a great time in the family garden and then lucked out majorly to find an area of huge oak trees with tons of swings hanging from them.  It was idyllic.  









The rest of the weekend was spent gardening and having some muffin dates.  It was a really fun spring break, but I am ever grateful for school days!


1 comment:

  1. I think i'm just going to put a link to this blog on my blog and save time.

    ReplyDelete