Saturday, November 19, 2016

Lia is 5!!


This kid.  This sweet, precious little five year old.  The things I love most about her are the same things that challenge me day in and day out.  She is a force to be reckoned with.  In the very best way possible.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I have a five year old in my house.  We have entered uncharted territory - much more emotional management and problem solving from a parenting role rather than schedules/naps/routines/feedings.  It is no better or worse - it is challenging in a whole new way.  For someone who doesn't like change (me, not her, okay, maybe her too), it has been a tough adjustment, but we are getting there!

When I took Lia to do her pictures, she had a great time hamming it up for the camera with her silly faces.  Some of them made me laugh out loud - and led to some really great smiles from Lia as well.





I am so pleased with the number of great pictures I got of Lia when we were out.  We had a great little muffin date to the donut shop, went to the park to get her pictures and then went shopping.  Great fun day with my sweet girl.  So, it may be a little bit of a Lia overload on the following pictures, but I don't care!  It's her birthday!!!


For this post, I asked friends and family to give me three words to describe Lia.  It was awesome to hear their thoughts about my little girl - their descriptions were heartwarming and full of love for her.


She's free spirited, spunky and resourceful.   Love, Mom

She's clever, audacious and loving.  Love, Dad


She's super cute, a big climber, and sneaky!  Love, the Schankels

She's loving, adventurous and resourceful!  Love, the Gribbles


She's fearless, ingenious, and spunky!  Love, Auntie & Uncle Ty

She's imaginative, adventurous and a total goofball.   Love, Mimi & Bob-o


She's joyful, artistic and interested.  Love, Pop Pop

She's generous, kind and creative!  Love, GG


She's happy, curious and funny.  Love, Grandpa

She's eager, interested and loving.  Love, Grandma



During the photo shoot, Lia was much more interested in running around with sticks and pretending they were magic swords.  Running around on a wall in a dress with giant sticks.  That's my girl.  These pictures sum up her personality almost as well as all of the incredible thoughts shared from family and friends.




"Live your life with wild abandon, go boldly in the direction of your dreams."

No comments:

Post a Comment