Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Kid Speak

I've a draft of this post for a few weeks now, just so I could listen and write down some funny things the kids were doing.  All while catching you up on all things Gates!



*cough*  *cough*   *cough*  "Ugh!  Halle!  Your stinky breath made me cough!"    - Erin




"I was just running so fast I had wiggling cheeks!"  -Halle

"Mom, can you give me those constructions?  I'm building these legos and I need the constructions."  - Erin


Cast signatures!

"I need to fix that.  It is all bended and cricket."  "Crooked?"   "No.  Cricket."   - Erin

Took Erin and Halle to have lunch with Lia at school!


"Let's go outside in the dark, guys!  First, we need our headlights."  - Lia   (headlamps)



"Let's have a play day with Ryan, ok mom?  A whole play day!"  
- Halle (play-date)


"Where's the map for this puzzle?  I need the map to put it together."  - Erin



"Mom!  We are sitting on our hineys at the table, ok?"  - Lia
(Come and see them up on their knees on the chairs - hineys = "high knees"  The rule is "bum or knees - they bend it with "high knees..."  haha


"Hey!  Look!  I see humans at the pond outside."  - Halle  (replaces "people" with "humans" - hilarious)


"I really hope we can have a paint face-r at our party!"
"Like an artist to paint your faces?"
"Yea, a paint face-r, I said that."
- Erin


"I'm so hot I have sweat tears!"
- Halle



"Mom!  Daddy needs a hooker!  Daddy needs a hooker to go fishing!  Can you find him a hooker in the garage?" 
 - Erin



2am:  Erin:  "Mom, I had a nightmare"
Me:  "Ok flip your pillow over, get cozy and see if you can fall back asleep.  I'll come check on you in a bit."
Erin:  "ok"
10 min later
Erin:  "Mom, I flipped my pillow over like you said, but it didn't work - it was hard to breathe under there."
(I've done this with Halle several as a mental re-set/distraction when she has a bad dream, but never had with Erin before...  Clearly she didn't understand what I meant.  Haha)


No comments:

Post a Comment