Monday, December 16, 2019

Winter Recital

Performances at the Winter Recital this year were amazing!  You could really see the progress the girls are making in their musical abilities as well as their confidence. 

I had the girls practice their songs that morning to make sure they were ready and Erin had a total ball playing her pieces and then having us all clap like crazy.  Big smiles.  The one time we were distracted and didn't clap, she said "uh hello?  Clap!"  haha  I think she enjoys the praise and applause. 

The girls each had new, fancy dressed to wear and Lia was thrilled to get to wear her "high heel" shoes again.



A few days before, Lia's teacher texted me asking about the recital saying that Lia had been talking about it.  She was curious about when/where it was and I hadn't even thought to invite any of the teachers!  I sent a quick note not expecting any of them to actually come.  On the day of, I get two texts from Lia's teacher and Erin's teacher saying they are on their way.  I also got a sweet note from Halle's teacher saying she was sad to miss and was out of town.  I was so surprised they were actually coming.  We have some rockstar teachers!

I didn't tell the girls about it and Lia was warming up when her teacher arrived.  SO STINKING CUTE!



Erin's teacher arrived shortly thereafter, but I didn't snag a video of the moment - she snuck up on us!!



They felt so special - it was so amazing to see.  Halle was understandably bummed but Gramma made sure she got extra love.


Todd's parents were able to stay for the show and my parents were there as well.  It was a big cheering section for these sweet girls!  There were about 20 kids performing in this segment of the recital (they divide it into sections thankfully - listening to 100 kids perform would be a tad brutal...).  Erin marched up on stage when it was her turn and totally rocked it.




At this stage in the game and at their age, the thing I'm most proud of and looking for them to accomplish is the pure fact that they did it.  They overcame the nerves and persevered. 

Halle was next!!  She didn't show any hesitation and did her thing!





Then we had to wait and wait and wait until Lia's turn.  It was tough for her but sitting next to her teacher made it better.  They kept whispering to each other and Lia would glance over from time to time just to look at her.  So cute.




FINALLY it was Lia's turn!  You could feel her nerves, but she got up and went.




After she was done, she was so relieved and happy.  I think they were all proud of themselves and happy to have it done with. 






They were bubbling over with energy afterward and just had excess nervous energy to run off.  They were a little crazy on the way home, but it was funny to see.  Got home, changed clothes and headed out for a celebration dinner!  It was a great day!!


I sent Halle's teacher a video of her performance that evening and she wrote back "Aaww….she did so good!!!  I’m going to ask her if she wants to show the class."  Halle was thrilled and was dancing around, excited for her class to see her video.  I love how they each were honored and felt special by their teachers.  Very encouraging and amazing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment