Well, it is official, most of Texas is on lockdown with a "shelter in place" order from government. Basically everything is closed except those "essential businesses" unless you are able to work from home. Everyone we've encountered has been practicing social distancing which is great, but we do hear of some people who are making some pretty irresponsible choices... Hoping that everything works out and that these efforts most people are making ends up paying off. I'm happy we caught on quickly and have been in our happy bubble for about 12 days now.
Just because we can't visit friends and family doesn't mean we can't catch up! In an effort to motivate the girls to work on their writing, we have been writing friends and family letters. I was able to get a bunch of addresses from the kids' classmates and their teachers too! Grandparents and cousins were of course on the list. We have written one letter every day since our stay at home time began. I have to say, it brings them so much joy and I love seeing these precious notes!
 |
| Yes, we had an actual mouse in our house... Yes, we got it. Yes, it is dead. |
 |
| Letter from Pop Pop - she was glowing! |
 |
| Letter from Emmy!! |
 |
| Letter and drawing from Brooklynn! |
 |
| Letter from Lucy with directions on how to draw a bunny! Erin's favorite! |
 |
| Cutie letter to her teacher! |
I'm hoping this continues - it is one of my favorite things that has come out of all of this. And yes, we lysol all our mail before we open it... sign of the times...
No comments:
Post a Comment