Tuesday, May 5, 2020

What day is it?

One day just bleeds into another with no real definition or differences...  There are some frustrations with this work/learn at home situation (see meme below re cleaning... ugh), but there are some highlights that I'm actually enjoying (despite the fact that there is a deadly worldwide pandemic going on...).  I enjoy sleeping past 5:45am.  I enjoy letting the kids play, play, play with no real reason to stop them.  I enjoy hanging with the family.  I enjoy the flexibility we have in our daily routines.  I enjoy lazy bike rides and hikes in the woods in the morning on a weekday. 

I do not enjoy cleaning.  I do not enjoy the fact that we can't hang with friends the way we used to.  I do not enjoy home schooling.  I do not enjoy the fact that everyone. is. always. here.

Soooo ya know...  probably par for the course! 


Pretty pond

Halle's at home haircut - things were turning from a cute stacked bob into a mullet more rapidly than I preferred!

The girls got dressed up (including Birdie!) for "picture day"


The girls created art and held an art sale in the front yard.  They had such a ball and between Amy and our other neighbor Marian, made out with about $4.00 each!





Saw this and totally want to do it in our yard!






Lost tooth!

Halle's friend, Brooklynn, wrote a book for her.  It was so sweet.


Todd's reprieve




💜



GG sent Erin page 1 from a book they are co-writing.  So fun!!






Random hail storm?  In warm weather?  while my kids are in swimsuits?  Why not, Texas.... Crazy.



We celebrated sweet Carson turning 1 as best we could in the middle of lockdown...  :)




Someone is feeling left out!









The teachers at school are working on a "class picture" since they won't get to have the professional one this year.  We had to take pictures of them in their class tshirts.  Super cute turn out I think!





We are making it work.  Some days are awesome.  Some days are boring.  Some days are awful,  Some days are sad.  But we are powering through!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment