Saturday, July 4, 2020

Ranch House

In the midst of lockdown, I was feeling super antsy and just needed to GET OUT of the house.  I did some searching and found a cute little ranch house in the middle of nowhere that had a pool and a hot tub.  We booked it for 5 nights and were so excited to be able to take a break.  I credit this with getting us through May.  What we didn't realize at the time is that we would just be getting back from the pool house three days prior.  Alas, we were excited and BONUS I didn't have to pack!  Just had to do laundry and put everything back where it was.  WIN.  

This house was so cute.  A little two bedroom cabin - super clean and felt peaceful.  



We arrived on a Wednesday evening - the kids went straight to the pool and had a ball swimming around while Todd and I sanitized, unpacked and got settled.  Then - this:


Predicted for most of the week here and there.  BOO!  The kids totally didn't care and ran in the rain, swam in the rain and hot tubbed in the rain.





Luckily I had anticipated some less than ideal weather and brought along some art kits the kids had yet to open from various events.  We made lava lamp lip glass, headbands, jewelry boxes, suncatchers...  these kids soaked it up.  And, enjoyed some porch art time while listening to the rain - quite peaceful actually.



Summer workbooks started!
 Todd was able to get some great work done with probably less interruptions than usual and then we enjoyed our evenings playing games.




Relaxing - the look on her face reminds me of when she was a toddler..   haha
When the weather started to brighten, we had some company come visit the pool!  The boys LOVED the water and Miles did so great swimming!  We were all impressed.  






On another day, Brooklynn and Finley came out to play and swim.  Always more fun with friends!!


I think Birdie may leave us for Beth.

THANK YOU to the Ranch House for getting us through shelter in place by having something to look forward to.  It was a great break with reality and as a special treat, my cleaning crew was able to come clean while we were out of the house for so long.  A CLEAN HOUSE upon return from a trip is a freaking amazing thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment