Saturday, August 3, 2013

ONE month!

Today marks one month for Erin and Halle!  Hooray! 


They are getting more and more fun and are having longer spans of awake time.  Now we feel like we are caring for cute newborns, not little lumps that only sleep!  They are still just like newborns though - very floppy, tiny and sleepy - but according to my due date, they could have still been in the belly now!  Can you imagine?  With twins?  No way...

I took about 100 pictures for their chair photo this month and decided the tiny feet were the way to go.  Out of those 100, I got about 4 decent ones...  The cutie outfits were gifted by their Great Aunt Melinda (thank you!) and are the last premie clothes they fit into.  Perfect timing for this photo shoot!

Erin                                                 Halle

Double yawns!

This is how most of the photos turned out...  :)
To see all of the fun chair pictures together see A Chair for Two!

Here are some fun things about these little ones:
  • HATE getting their clothes changed and almost always get a little chattering jaw because they get cold!
  • Both eat about 2.5 oz about every 3 hours.  If we are delayed, they will BOTH let us know with some pretty fierce cries!  Erin is MUCH easier to feed and burp than Halle.  
  • They seem to enjoy spending time next to each other and we use the bassinet we borrowed quite often to keep them out of reach of Lia, but still able to look around and see each other.  I got this awesome picture the other day when both babies were "binky hunting" and found each other for a cute kiss!
  •  We are doing well keeping them on the same schedule and they will each have about 30 minutes of "quiet alert" time after a feeding.  It is fun to see their little eyes more often!  They are making more eye contact during feedings which makes that time so much more rewarding.  
  • I can tell they are ready for naps when arms and legs start flailing and they get more frantic.  
  • We are able to tell them apart better now, but can't really identify how...  Halle still has the dotted line mark on her forehead, but it is fading.  Erin still has the stork bite mark on her left eyelid, but you have to look closely to even see that.  I still don't think they are identical, but in the middle of the night, I surely don't know which baby I have... 
  • The need to keep them super warm is dwindling and I'm happy to debut some new clothes rather than footy sleepers and swaddle blankets!  Shirts!  Pants!  Rompers!  Hooray!
  • They are more vocal when they are awake and seem to trade off making noises - almost like they are talking to each other.  
  • Lia is still doing great with her sisters and I'm hoping the protective baby gate area can be removed at some point soon, but for now, it is great peace of mind.
I have two picture frames in Erin and Halle's room that have spaces for month to month pictures of each kiddo, so I also did some photos of each baby alone.  Halle was first and was so fantastic - gave me great peaceful pictures all with her eyes open!  Enjoy!

Halle - one month



Then, she was done...
 I was all excited to get some really cute ones of Erin too, but she was not as willing to perform.  This was odd because usually she is the more cooperative one.  I took a TON of pictures and managed to get three with her eyes actually open.

Erin - one month


Most of the pictures looked like this...
Than, of course, as soon as I changed her out of her cute outfit she was peacefully awake just hanging out.  Are you kidding?  Jerkface.  But, I got a few more pictures that are super cute.


Happy one month girlies!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky,

    I know you don't have much spare time, but I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Read here for more details: http://thefarrell5.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete