I nearly cried when assessing the damage to their hair. Erin got lucky and just ended up with more annoying little hairs that fall directly in her eyes, but Halle, oh man... I figured out a way to style it that attempts to hide what happened, but it was still pretty rough.
Today I decided that I couldn't stand it any longer and took them both to get their hair cut. I was hoping that this would help camouflage the areas in Halle's hair that were noticeably shorter. We were the only ones there and the two stylists got a really good laugh out of this story. Said it happens so, so often. Whew. At least I'm not the only one...
Here's the best picture I got of Lia's handiwork.
So, the only way to totally blend in what happened was to go all the way to a bob haircut for Halle. I just plain didn't have the guts to do that. So, we took the length up about 3 inches to her shoulders and added some layers hoping to blend it in as much as possible. Erin got an overall shape up and trim. They were both so excited to go get their haircut, but when we arrived, they were much more interested in playing with the toys in the waiting area than sitting in the big scary chair. I took some bribing (lollipops!) and movie watching to get them to concede, but after that they did really well.
Halle's turn!
![]() |
| Ahh, better... Not perfect, but at least you have to dig to find the short section... |
Happy girls with bows and fairy dust in their hair!












No comments:
Post a Comment