Monday, October 12, 2015

Sick Days

It has been two weeks of utter yuck-fest up in here.  Boogers, goo, coughs, fevers, sore throats, and no sleep make for no blog posts...

Despite the illnesses, we have powered through and had some fun times along the way.  I'm hoping we are on the upswing and will all start to feel much better soon.

Pre-illness, I took Erin and Halle to Hobby Lobby while Lia was at school and got some fun beads for them to string on necklaces.  The yarn was a little difficult for them, so they used pipe cleaners and had a great time.  Halle was more interested for longer and seemed to power through frustration better than Erin, who lost interest and wanted help making a necklace after about 20 seconds.  All about the end result for that kid!



Lia polished off a necklace easily after school and the kids enjoyed wearing their new jewelry that day.

Then, illness struck.  Lia had two really rough nights and ended up in our bed one night and was up constantly throughout the night coughing and complaining.  This was so tough - for everyone...  Todd and I took turns sleeping on the couch that night.


Since Lia is so generous, she gave everyone her sickness.  Erin, surprisingly, was the least affected this round - she is usually the one that gets sick first and stays sick the longest.



I love this picture - sweet Halle
Halle came down with a fever and was in bed at 6:15 one night.  Since the bathroom is right by her room, we opted to give Erin and Lia a bath in our bathtub.  Todd enhanced this fun event with mega bubbles.  They had a blast.




The kids started feeling better this past weekend and so we got out a bit.  Had a fun bbq at Amy and Stephen's house.




(I was confused too - Todd took those pictures...  They are all of Halle....I promise)

Family snuggle time!
Lia continues to enjoy soccer each week and has learned some really fun skills.  She still plays in the dirt quite a bit, but also knows how to do "little kicks" to dribble the ball and can successfully perform all the skills they have taught so far.  Unfortunately, Lia's friend Parker missed this past week, but we got some cute pictures of Lia with Teagan!





One of Lia's classmates was having a party this weekend and I was feeling pretty down in the dumps.  Todd volunteered to take her and they ended up having a great time.  It was at a Dinosaur Park near Bastrop and they had a clown doing balloons and face painting there.  The park has a nature trail through the woods where life size dinosaurs are on display for the kids to see.  Sounded like a really fun event.




This video makes me smile because you can see the utter delight in her face watching this happen.  So cute!




Parker, Lia and Ryan.  Ryan is in the same class as Erin and Halle this year.
Shhhh!  They are playing well together!  Don't distract them!
Erin and Halle have always imitated Lia singing (which she does ALL the time) and just recently I have recognized some of the songs they sing.  We've been rotating through Happy Birthday to Mimi, Rain Rain Go Away, and Ride on Horsey.  I managed to get Halle to kind of sing Rain Rain Go Away on video.  Usually they just sit there and stare at me when I ask them to sing.  So, as mumbly and crazy as it may sound....  here is Halle.


Then, prior to the sad OU loss to Texas, my girls were helping me cheer!


No comments:

Post a Comment