Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Foolery

Today I gave in to the fun and power of having identical twins.  I dressed them the same and purposely tried to mess with their preschool teachers.  To top it off, my friend Kim also dressed her little one, Ryan, the same as Erin and Halle.  Ryan looks pretty dang similar to them and we figured it would be even more fun to have three all dressed the same.  Here is a picture of these three cuties this morning.



When we walked into the classroom the teachers said "uh, are you serious?  You didn't really do that did you?  Who is who?  You have to tell us!"  They figured Ryan out pretty fast, but were second guessing themselves on Erin and Halle.  They've figured out their personalities pretty well and were able to figure it out when Erin and Halle started talking.  It makes me feel good that they know them that well.

At the end of the day the kids had name tags on their backs and they had braided Halle's hair to help them further distinguish.  So funny.  Last thing they said is "you'll do it regular tomorrow, right?"  I don't think they enjoyed feeling confused most of the day!  It was pretty fun for me though!

Even beyond just the fun, it was odd to see Erin and Halle's reaction.  It was like they had no idea why people thought this was interesting or why people can't tell them apart.  In a way, they almost seemed more insecure than normal going to school - too much attention maybe?  People laughing "at them"?  I'm not sure.  But, I'll stick with my original intentions of always dressing them differently and having different hairstyles.  They are two individual people after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment