Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Gymnastics Trials

I signed the girls up for gymnastics this fall and I may be more excited about it than they are.  Don't get me wrong, they are pumped, but I'm not exactly sure they have any idea what the heck "gyn-mass-tick-ahh-s" really is.  Many of the gyms around the area of open play hours each week and I managed to catch one on Monday.  I figured, they could try everything out and if they liked it, we'd be good to go.  It is safe to say, we are good to go!

The first thing Lia wanted to do was walk on the balance beam "just like that TV girl - right mom?  That TV pimp-icks girl - Mone-ah"  Did anyone else watch Simone at the "pimp-icks"?  hahahaaha

I have to say though, Lia rocks at the balance beam.  This this was the tallest one too - no fear...


Halle was the most tentative, but LOVED the rope swing.


The kids had free reign of the gym - it was so much fun - for them and for me (I was resisting the urge to try things myself!)

Erin was in heaven - she was smiling the entire time.  "I'll try that!" was her theme the entire morning.


This bar was the highest thing in the gym.  The kids climbed up a ladder and had to monkey over to the middle then drop into the foam pit.  Lia was a little freaked, but got up the guts to try and (big surprise) was all giggles and smiles.
(Love Halle's little sweet face poking in here)


Erin said "I'll try that too!" and immediately regretted her choice.  She did it, didn't cry at all, but didn't do it again.  haha
 This was Lia's favorite thing all morning.  Jumping from the big mat and catching the bar.  You could see how proud she was of herself.


They start their official classes in September, but I think this was an excellent introduction to the experience.  They've already been asking to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment