Lia and I got to escape recently to have dinner out just the two of us. In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, I love having these moments where I can just relax, not worry about a to do list and just be with one of the kids. I told Lia we were going to Friday's to have dinner - to which she asked quizzically "Why are we going there? It is only Tuesday! Are we allowed to go there when it is not Friday?" It was pretty cute.
We had a yummy dinner and she was very chatty - telling me all about her friends (and some not so good "friends) at school and what she has been doing lately. I'm telling you - we are going to keep up these muffin dates because I got more intel at that dinner than I EVER do on the way home from school. Anyway, she was awesome the entire dinner and then started getting a little antsy toward the end. In order to entertain her while the super duper slow waiter (he was flirting with a girl in the back and we were his only table....) was getting our check - I started taking silly pictures of her on my phone. I would tell her to make various faces and she would just giggle about seeing them afterward. Well, then she grabbed my phone and said "your turn mommy" and started doing the same thing. So funny.
Here are the awesome photos of my night out with my little girl.
 |
| Silly face! |
 |
| Angry face |
 |
| Smile face |
 |
"Tell me to stick my tongue out mom" "ok, do a tongue out face" |
 |
| "googly face" (whatever that is!) |
 |
| Happy face |
 |
| Princess face |
 |
| Cross eyed face (I actually told her to make a face like her friend, Parker, and this is what she came up with) |
 |
| Scared face |
 |
| "I kept doing pictures of you laughing mom! Was that silly?" |
In the end, I have some great memories and some wonderful photos to show for it. Thanks for the date, Lia!
No comments:
Post a Comment