Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Halle

I've been working on these blogs for awhile now, trying to collect some fun stories to share.  So, without further adieu, here's some fun Halle-isms.



Halle does not like to be left out and is probably the most competitive of the kids (at least as of now).  One day, Lia ended up getting gum in her hair while driving home with Todd from a muffin date.  Our neighbors, Mike and Natalie, were out front and Todd was telling them he was just going to have to cut it out because it was super tangled in there.  I wasn't home at the time and Natalie freaked out thinking Todd was going to cut a chunk out of Lia's hair (thank goodness for Natalie!) and said to send Lia down to her house and she would get it out with peanut butter and olive oil.  Well Halle heard this and wanted to go along as well.  Todd said no stating "only kids with gum in their hair have to go to Natalie's house" and what did Halle do?  Took her gum out of her mouth and stuck in right on her head.

Ladies and Gentleman, that's Halle for you.



As overheard from my office:

Lia:  "ERIN!!!"
Halle:  "Yes!??!"
Lia:  "Erin, can you get my blanket and bring it outside?"
Halle:  "Yea I will!"
Lia:  "Thanks!"

-- 10 minutes later --

Lia:  "Erin!  WHY DIDN'T YOU BRING MY BLANKET?!?!"
Erin:  "Lia, what are you talking about?  I didn't tell you I would bring your blanket."
Lia:  "YES YOU DID!!!!!!"
Erin:  (crying)  "No!  I didn't!  I didn't SAY THAT!!"
Halle:   "............"



Halle continues to show her little OCD side:
  • Separate silverware is necessary for each type of food.  Use a spoon for both yogurt and peas?  Blasphemous.  
  • All the kids started taking showers instead of baths recently.  Halle's hair would always be greasy in the morning so I assumed she wasn't rinsing well.  I watched her one day and realized she was so intent on getting the shampoo and conditioner off her hands after washing/conditioning her hair that she would completely forget to rinse.  


Starts almost every sentence with "Even..."

Likes to wear two pairs of socks at a time.  Especially with mismatched clothes.  :)


Halle worked hard on some art for Todd - coloring, cutting it out, gluing and even writing a message on the back - the works.  He was out of town at the time and she asked me where I think she should put it so he will see it "first right when he gets home."  I suggested his office or his pillow.  This is where she selected:



Mike and Natalie were over for dinner one evening and it was so pretty outside, so everyone was outside playing.  Mike started a game of tag and everyone was in on it.  Halle got tagged by Mike and immediately fell to the ground crying and grabbing her leg.  He was so sad and scared that she was hurt that he went right back to help her.  Halle turns, gets a sneaky look on her face, yells "TAG!!" tags Mike right back and runs away (clearly not injured).  I'm not sure whether to be extremely proud of her clever-ness or very scared for Halle's teenage years... 


Hallister - you continue to amaze us, surprise us, and truly make us bust out laughing multiple times a day.  You are awesome and these little things make you exactly who you are - we love it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment