Monday, September 11, 2023

School Bells

 Summer went by WAY too quickly this year.  I needed another few weeks at least.  Alas, here we go!  

This is the first year in a long time that the kids are at different schools.  Lia started the big 6th grade and Erin and Halle get to feel what it is like to be the big kids on campus in 5th. 





This picture was Lia's idea and whole vision.  Turned out pretty cool!





I think the last time I snagged a picture like this was when they were in preschool running to pick up Lia from school.  WOW time flies.





Halle and Erin have enjoyed riding their bikes to school on days "when the backpack isn't too heavy"

One day after school Todd calls me while I'm on the playground letting Halle play for a bit.  Erin walked home with a friend.  He said "can you believe this rain?  It is crazy!"  I said "Uh.  No rain here."  He said "Well, get ready - it is coming...."   We saw some big clouds coming in and I was so worried about Erin getting stuck in the pouring rain with all her school stuff.  Halle and I raced to the car and tried to go save Erin.  We got about halfway home and the rain came in SO FAST.  Wind and pouring rain in a matter of seconds.  It was insane.  We could barely see out the front windshield.  And, no Erin.  

Well, we pulled up to home and saw a shoeless, soaking wet girl dancing crazily in our driveway....

Needless to say, I worried for nothing.

She, in true Erin fashion, had hidden her backpack and shoes on the front porch to stay dry and was having a blast in the much needed rain.



No comments:

Post a Comment