Thursday, October 3, 2013

Three Months


Erin and Halle are three months old today!  Some days it feels like a blink and other times I feel like they have been here much longer than only three months - crazy how that happens.  Life is settling down as Erin and Halle become more predictable and on more of a routine.  The past few months have taught me the value of coffee in the mornings and a glass of wine in the evenings...  :)  I have learned that "witching hour" is real (and actually lasts for 2-3 hours sometimes!) and despite numerous attempts, you can not hold two babies and a toddler at one time.  Really, you can't.  Seriously though, it has been amazing learning more about Erin and Halle as they grow and develop.  I am looking forward to each coming phase and am excited to see more of their little personalities.


To see all of the fun chair pictures together see A Chair for Two!


Here are some fun facts about Erin and Halle at three months!

  • Smiling!  Hooray!!  Both smile when they see us and will "talk" with little coos and cute sounds
  • Erin is quicker to smile and seems really social.  You really have to earn Halle's love (and smiles), plus catch her in the perfect mood...  haha
  • Halle is able to sleep without being swaddled for naps - Erin MUST be swaddled tight for any sleep to occur
  • Halle seems to be the lighter sleeper - moves around more when she is sleeping
  • Erin's poops are yellow,  Halle's are green.  In case you were dying to know.  I do think it is weird they are different when their diet is the same...
  • Sleeping 7hr stretches at night,  but it is usually from 9pm to 4am.  If only we could get it to shift 2 hrs fwd..  no such luck though.
  • Both are eating 4-5 oz every 4 hrs or so.  I usually have them on the exact same schedule, but lately have adopted more of a staggered routine in order to get more one on one time with each little one.  
  • In 3 month size footy sleepers and still in newborn size onesies and pants.  Those are getting tight though - moving up soon!
  • They are tracking almost perfectly in terms of gestational age (would just now be 2 months) and while it seems slow, they are doing great!

  • I wasn't successful in getting them to smile for their chair picture (I don't think they can really see far enough to smile at me yet...), but I was able to get some cute shots for their individual pictures!



    Here are a few bonus shots from our fun photo shoot.  Thankfully Lia gave me a good nap this day and the timing worked perfectly.  Happy, smiley babies are clean, fed and ready to play - this takes coordination to get them both in this mindset at the same time!!  Mission accomplished I think.  :) 


    For being the more smiley one, Erin was really stingy with her big smiles when I was taking pictures.  She was seriously intrigued by the giant black thing in front of Mama's face...

    I think I finally have a kid that looks good in yellow!  I had so many cute yellow outfits from Lia and she is just not a yellow kind of kid...  Halle - maybe!  Yay!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment