Saturday, May 3, 2014

TEN months today!

Today marks 10 months on earth for Miss Erin Finley and Miss Halle Teagan!  Just when you think things can't get any more wonderful, these two little ones show you just how wrong you were.  Life is FUN right now and we are loving it.



To see month by month pictures of Erin and Halle growing up in their chair, go RIGHT HERE!

This month I had grandiose plans for their chair pictures including props and a fun set up - yeah, that didn't happen.  I got totally lucky on this picture too - took about 60 pictures to get this one good one (the very last one) and as I was looking down at my phone to see if it was a keeper (and congratulating myself that it was in focus) Halle totally face planted off the chair...  whoops.  Stellar mom moment right there.  She was fine, but did become her silly over dramatic self and continued crying hysterically for about 10 minutes (really, not a scratch on her).


Yes, I took pictures of my crying baby.  I couldn't help it - it was so crazy it got to be pretty funny.  She would calm down for a second and then probably replay the tragic incident in her mind and escalate again...  We are in for it with this one I think!


 Oh, I got a video too... (hee hee - I know, terrible)  This is proof of the high pitched cry you will read about in the fun facts section below.  You have to hear it to truly understand...


This is the look I got about 90% of the time - "Uh, mom, what the heck is that crazy ass noise coming from your mouth?"
Erin and Halle are like two peas in a pod right now - where one is, the other is not far behind.  They have discovered the attraction of rooms in the home that are usually shut off and they will high tail it in so fast.  The pantry and the master bedroom are their current favorites and it is so hard to get them both out!  If I pick one up and walk out to the living room, the other one is in snacking on dog food.  Then, I put the first one down and go in to get the other one and I basically have to run to get in and out faster than the other can get back in.  A circus act, I tell you.  Crazy.  And, to top it off, they are giggling the whole time - like they know what they are doing to me.

Just found out they can climb stairs - good thing we are already baby proofed!


They are starting to interact more together and both find each other pretty funny.  One favorite game is chasing Lia around the kitchen - they will crawl after her while Lia is squealing and running away.  They will look at each other and then crawl after her, laughing.  The other day I saw them doing this same game without Lia and I couldn't get to my camera fast enough to get a video.  They would crawl together, stop, sit, look at each other, laugh and then keep crawling.  TOO CUTE.  I did get these videos of them just being adorable though, so you can use your imagination.  :)




They both can answer to their name and know a few key words like 'eat' and 'come here.' We are using baby sign language with them but haven't seen them use any motions purposefully yet.  They are still napping in separate rooms and it is working well.  I get one on one time with each of them before each nap to snuggle and hold them while swaying and singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.  I swear - I sing that song at least 20 times a day.
Looking at Lia!
Bedtime has become harder because they both want one on one attention to make a smooth transition to sleep.  Todd said it feels like they are playing an evil game because the second you break your pattern of humming or patting their heads pop up at the same time to see if you have left the room - if you did leave - they both start screaming simultaneously. Usually lasts about 4-5 minutes and then they are OUT.

Current schedule:
wake up at 7am (sometimes have to wake them), 7-8oz bottle in cribs, breakfast at 8:30, nap at 9:00 - 11:00, lunch at 12, 6oz bottle at 1:45, nap at 2/2:30 - 4/4:30, dinner at 6, 6oz bottle at 715, bath/bed 7:30 - usually in bed lights out by 8

ALL ABOUT ERIN


  • Kicks her feet ALL THE TIME - anything she finds funny or when she is trying to be funny, she will kick her legs over and over.
  • Squishes her face and sniffs 
  • Cruising on furniture and will let go with both hands for a second before sitting 
  • Follows after Halle and Lia to see what is going on - likes to be in on everything
  • Very social, energetic, outgoing, dominant, goofball, smiley, responsive, and happy
  • Doing much better sleeping and going to bed without fussing most of the time
  • Kicks her feet and slaps her belly when getting her diaper changed - so crazy
  • Loves playing with blankets and pillows - buries her face in them and kicks her feet while laughing
  • Messy eater
  • Sleeps on her belly with both arms down by her side.  She usually wakes up with lines on her body from where her clothes were pressing against her skin.
  • Spins around in place when checking out things around her
  • Has a delightful, huge belly laugh
  • Has zero patience for books.  would much rather be up moving than sitting with mama.
  • Just so funny.  I can't explain it.  Everything she does is unexpected and funny to me.
  • Walks while holding our hands or holding on to something (push toy is coming in the mail!)
  • Happier and more daring on the swing
  • Talks herself to sleep and lately has not been going to sleep right away at naptime but instead is in her bed talking and singing for about 20 min before falling asleep
  • Startles easily - especially when she is doing something (ie: playing in the pantry) that she isn't supposed to
  • Has an awesome puzzled face when one eyebrow is lifted.  Hilarious.  The picture below is as close as I've gotten on the camera.

Erin's big laugh:

The 360 degree room surveillance spin:


ALL ABOUT HALLE
  • Slow slow slow eater, but usually not very messy
  • Fusses when frustrated but is getting better at recovering and moving on without intervention
  • Loves the water and the new pool - is more daring than Erin and likes to crawl around and explore in the water
  • Introverted, thoughtful, content, inquisitive, chill, attentive, cuddly, love bug, quiet but also really funny if you pay attention
  • Crawling like an expert and pulling up on furniture - not really cruising yet, but trying
  • Likes to be with Erin and has started fighting back when Erin takes a toy from her - usually taking it right back and turning around with it
  • Holds two toys in her hands and crawls around - recently she has been obsessed with a bubble wand and a toothbrush...  
  • Interested but wary of Lia 
  • High pitched squeal cry high enough in octaves to make your ear drums bleed
  • Happiest when being held - total cuddle bug
  • Sleeps on her side usually and sometimes on her belly with her bum in the air
  • Very particular about her sleeping - she likes the room to be between 73 and 75 degrees (no joke) the fan on low and likes to have a sleep sack on or her feet covered.  Otherwise she will fuss and complain until we figure out what is wrong.  Usually she is cold and is annoyed about it.
  • Chews/sucks on her silky blankets and lovies in her bed before falling asleep
  • Recent fascination with tipping her head backward to look at things upside down
  •  Loves books - she would sit for books forever.  Sat with me the other day and read about 8 books and between every book I would sign "more book?" she would grunt, reach for the books and get so excited when I got another one.  She can turn the pages and does so very gently.  
  • Loves music and will "dance" when she hears music turn on.  Totally mesmerized by a re-run of So You Think You Can Dance that I had on tv which was interesting because she usually doesn't care at all about the tv.  Future dancer?


I've noticed that all three girls are playing together peacefully more often.  Usually it is peaceful as long as they happen to be doing exactly what Lia wants them to do.  Lately Lia has enjoyed covering them up with blankets (and then sometimes laying on top of them while saying "Halle is warm and cozy" while Halle is screaming her head off) and she likes to blow bubbles directly into their faces.  Luckily, they find this funny.  Erin and Halle both seem to understand more when Lia is being rude or mean to them and will cry from hurt feelings whereas before they were pretty oblivious.  They will also cry when Lia takes a toy from them, no matter how wonderful the replacement toy is that Lia has been trained to give them.  That has thrown Lia for a total loop and has been the topic of conversation lately.  "Lia, it is Erin's turn with the empty cheerios box and the baby rattle you gave her while stealing the box isn't making her happy."  A flash into my future I'm sure.  I also laugh to myself when Lia has to find new "hiding places" for her favorite toys, food, cup, etc because the little ones are getting taller and pulling up so the couch and coffee table locations are no longer out of reach of the babies.  We have taken to building Lia a little mini fort in the corner of the couch with pillows up all around her so Erin and Halle can't reach her during her morning milk and video routine - because trust me, Lia without milk in the morning is like Mama with no coffee - dangerous.

Happy TEN months to my sweet twin baby girls!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment