Sunday, January 11, 2015

Cabin Fever

I'm pretty sure if the kids were more self aware (and if two of them were actually verbal), they would be screaming "My God, please let me out of this house!!  I want to play and run outside!!!"  Unfortunately, the weather has been impossible for any outside time - rainy and bitterly cold.  We've been alternating between play time at Mady's house and here - encouraging the kids to run around and play as much as possible, but man, it's tough.

So, needless to say, there haven't been any really great photo ops sitting around the house all day...  To top it off, Erin and Halle are both cutting their molars - pretty much all four teeth at once for both of them - so they've been, uh, delightful....

Mady and Lia play really well together and love having full reign of the upstairs area.  I'm so happy they have become such wonderful friends.


One day when Lia was at school, I pulled out these giant watercolor paints for Erin and Halle.  They did really well and enjoyed it.

Halle, clearly, tasted the paint - I wish I had gotten a photo of the sour face she made.  Hilarious.

We had a nice, big, empty space once the Christmas tree was taken down and it was the main attraction for the day.

It seems the kids play better if I pull out things for them to do rather than having them just free play.  I set out four (four is better than three I've found...) puzzles on the table and they were happy for awhile - you know - one or two minutes....  haha.  


Being in the house so much has also given me additional motivation to organize and get some projects done.  I'm ridiculously proud of my little backpack/coat hook wall in our closet!  So nice to have some space freed in my tiny laundry room!

So, we've been in pj's for most of the day lately - just no reason to really get dressed...  haha.  We did get new car seats for Erin and Halle recently and took everyone on a family trip to Target just to try out the new seats and get the heck out of the house.  We've also been having some awesome dance parties and movie marathons to survive this cold weather.  The good thing about Texas is that hopefully next week we will be back in the 70's.  Ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment