One of the blog ideas I found was to blog about all the pictures you have on display in your home at that point. I thought that was a pretty cool idea since those are the pictures that usually stand out in some way (and also change a lot throughout the year).
So, here's what is on display now!
The mantle is always a tough for me - what the heck do you put up there? Right now I'm pretty happy with how it looks and it has probably changed only slightly since I figured out what to do. The clock was my grandfather's and I think it still works, but I constantly forget to wind it, so for now it is just decoration... The tree picture is one I took in Ohio a long time ago and the bridge is one Todd took during our recent trip to San Francisco. The one of the three girls is from last year, but seriously - who can part with that cuteness?!?!
The picture of Erin and Halle in the hammock is one of my all time favorites and the one of the three kids is the most recent good one of all of them together.
This is the area right by our master bedroom door and has become our current family picture display. It has shifted from our wedding pictures to family pictures three times over. Pretty cool.
Another current favorite - the hug!
For Christmas this past year, I got Todd a huge frame and had this collage printed. My dad gave me the idea of looking for all the "timeless" and "iconic" pictures and including only those. My goal is to do a new collage each year and see which ones stay and which are replaced. I get excited thinking about years from now and what it will look like.
In the office we have this awesome shot of Lia on the lake when she and Todd went canoeing. That frog was my wedding gift to Todd. :)
Also in the office - a great one of Erin and Sydney along with a wood bowl handmade by my dad. I have no explanation regarding the little men other than to say, they are Todd's. ha.
The canvas photos on the stairs were a recent addition. Todd had these printed for me and are of their first day at home. Love.
Halle's room! Classic baby picture of her and Erin and a great one of me with her from a few months ago.
Also in Halle's room - the middle, white one is artwork I did with them based on their fingerprints.
Lia's room - these butterflies are now on to their 3rd purpose! They were originally a large mobile above her crib and when she moved to a twin bed they were hung from the ceiling. The time came when we decided to install a ceiling fan (because she had broken two stand up fans...) and so Amy and I put these up on her wall. I think they look pretty cute!
Lia's pictures are a fun mix of her sisters, baby pictures and recent pictures. The one of her and Mady is one of my favorites. The picture in the middle used to hang on her door but was moved after Christmas because my mom made all the girls awesome name signs for their doors.
These are their new door signs. Embroidery hoops with each of their names. I love, love, love them.
And finally, Erin's room. The train is one of my favorite things in her room ad the picture of all of them together last 4th of July is another long time favorite. The picture on the top shelf may have been the one and only time Erin was happy in the swing. Ha.
Hope you enjoyed the grand tour!














No comments:
Post a Comment