Sunday, July 12, 2015

A Weird Trend

On my phone I have an app called Time Hop and it shows you pictures on that date for the past 5 years.  Just recently this picture (on July 4th) popped up on my Time Hop from last year:


This continues to be one of my favorite pictures of the girls together.  I just love it.  However, I noticed it was very similar to this one I just took.


I started to wonder how often the kids are arranged like this - Halle on the left, Lia in the middle and Erin on the right.  Turns out, more often than not.  I have no idea why.... but, take a look.






Location does not seen to matter - it is always the same set up.  As I was going back looking at all these pictures, I was getting really creeped out.

I verified that Halle was the one in purple here.  Ha




Even the pictures that didn't turn out - same set up...
Now, this is what really gets strange.  Seems that even when we add in other kids or replace Lia with Julia, Halle still ends up on the left.




Now, there are exceptions to every rule.... but not many....



and then this one - a long time favorite as well - but I have NO CLUE which baby is which.  So, your guess is as good as mine here...



I can't really figure out why this arrangment would occur again and again, but my sister had a good thought.  Halle probably gets placed first because she is more likely to sit for the longest, then Lia, then Erin.  So since we read words left to right, I probably place them left to right.  Seems like a decent hypothesis!

Still creepy though.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking the exact thing amy said before I even read her comment!!! ha ha!! I had noticed this however, and thought you did it on purpose to tell them apart. That was before the pony tail arrangement tho!

    ReplyDelete