Friday, July 31, 2015

Slumber Parties are FUN

This past weekend, Todd took Lia to Plano to have a sleepover with GG & Pop Pop!  She was THRILLED.  Todd stayed up in Dallas to do some work related meetings and catch up with some old friends.  Lia was pumped to get there and start playing!






I got updates as the days went on about how things were going - it was fun to see her enjoying all the things she loves most about GG & Pop Pop's house.  One day, they took her to a pottery painting place for kids - I could not have picked a better activity for my art-loving child!

Followed by shopping, swimming and playing?  I'm sure Lia was having a blast.




Saturday, Julia joined in on the fun and the girls got to spend the day together.  

Naked picnic apparently.  haha.

This is the photo Todd sent on their way home - Looks like a satisfied kiddo!

Meanwhile, I was home with Erin and Halle.  We had a great time and did lots of fun activities.  They played together SO WELL all weekend and it was awesome to have a break from the mediating that has taken over my world lately.


Muffin date!

Happy hour with Mimi and Bob-o
 On Friday, Amy and I took the girls to Barton Springs Pool.  This is a natural, spring fed swimming hole in the middle of Austin.  It is awesome.  And FRIGIDLY cold.  It was painful to get in for Amy and I - Erin and Halle?  They just walked right in like it was nothing.  Amazing.


The only thing they hated was that the ground was slippery.  If they could float, they were super happy.  The second their feet hit the slimy ground, it was all over.




Trip to JCPenney - they argued over who got to sit in this fun cart, until we figured out we could squeeze them both in.  Happy Campers after that!

I was weak.  New dolls.





This is a smaller version of the swimming pool the kids use in the backyard, so I got two bags of sand and made a temporary sand box.  It has been a major hit!


No comments:

Post a Comment