Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Sugar and Spice



At the park today with these two little sweeties while Lia was at school.  They happily posed for pictures - so fun!



Erin and Halle are officially high maintenance.  Between potty training and just being 2, they are no longer easier than having Lia.  It used to be a huge relief from stress for me when Lia left for school, now I can't wait for these two to get to go to school too!  They NEED school!!  We basically have to do something outside the house everyday, which usually isn't a big deal, but it is HOT by 10am so we have to get moving quick in the morning (which is not easy for any of us...).  

A couple weekends ago, we had some very special visitors!  These young ladies were newborn and 1 when I first met them when I worked at a daycare in college.  What was a great babysitting gig has turned into a great long term friendship.  Love these girls!


Lia, Erin and Halle thought that Kati and Taylor were the best thing since sliced bread and were doing anything and everything to get them to pay attention.

Lucky for them, Kati and Taylor were willing participants!
  
Our current favorite toy are these magnet blocks.  Between Kati and Taylor visiting and having Averyelle (William's daughter who is 12) in town for a day, Lia has learned some pretty awesome tricks with these blocks.  They are fabulous for math, geometry, physics, and a bunch of other things I"m sure!


Her carriage is inside - it was a garage.


When William, Katie and Averyelle were here, Todd and Lia took them canoeing.  They all had a great time and we ended up with some great pictures of them in the boat.


Lia even took a dip in the lake!


Since we are trapped indoors after 11am (on a good day) I've been desperate for things for the kids to do to blow off some steam.  I took this bounce out of the closet and attempted to repair the hole that occurred a short 5 days after it was gifted on Christmas...  It lasted for about 10 minutes before deflating again.  The kids made the best of it though!

Pillows!

Tent!

 Todd got a remote control airplane from his parents (spoiled!) for his birthday and this has been the evening attraction for him and the kids.  They all love it, but Erin loves it a little less since she walked in its path and got beaned right in the face...  It was really funny, but us laughing didn't help Erin's bruised pride...  I'm giggling just thinking about it...

Halle has been our awesome eater lately - anything and everything is down the hatch before we know it.


The best family portrait ever - arranged by Halle
 Happily, Erin and Halle continue to do well potty training - Erin hasn't had an accident in over a week.  Halle requires more reminders but is doing awesome as well.  I love seeing this stack of diapers go untouched!

Halle's little booty just can't keep her shorts up!  hahaha

Sleeping kids always remind me of when they were babies.  Sweet face!

Halle was putting all her people in the "car" and was incredibly patient standing them all up.  

Lia found a bug!

Everyone must investigate!
Experimenting with new hairstyles.
Overall things have been pretty low-key and easygoing around here.  I'm ready for the weather to cool down a bit so we can do more outdoor activities, but until then we will enjoy some guilt free snuggle movie time! 

I did manage to catch this video the other day and for our avid Lia fans, this should bring back some funny memories!  Also, a glimpse of my daily life with a pent up 2 year old...  haha


No comments:

Post a Comment