This past weekend we were lucky enough to welcome family to visit! Tyler, Elizabeth, Julia and Carter were in town and the kids were so excited!!! They were able to come in Friday morning which was awesome to allow more time for the kids to run around like crazy and play. It had been a few months since we got to see them and were so excited to see Carter - he is growing up so fast!!!
 |
| Popsicles! Julia inhaled hers faster than I thought possible and resigned herself to touching the other kid's Popsicles and licking her fingers. So funny. |
 |
| We can sleep the kids like this next time we are together!! haha - yeah, right. |
This was the first time we got to use the trundle beds in Halle's room and had Erin sleep in Halle's room with her. Julia slept in Erin's room. It was totally adorable to see them cuddled up together and they really wanted to sleep in the same bed. They did better than I expected and I think this combination will work when guests are in town.
They started out both on the trundle on the floor (above) and then after they were asleep, I moved Halle to her bed so they wouldn't roll out or smack each other in the middle of the night. In the morning, this is what I found on the monitor...
 |
| Awake and giggling and chatting with each other. So cute. |
They woke up much earlier than usual and I tried to get them to go back to sleep, but in the end, just let them play quietly together in the bedroom until the other kids started to wake up.
Saturday we ventured out to the zoo! This zoo is always so much fun - nice and small and usually not too busy.
They headed home on Sunday and we got a chance to recover and sleep off our play hangovers. :)
And, as a bonus, a few cute pictures of the kiddos from the last few weeks.
again....I want the T shirt!!!!
ReplyDelete