There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind. – C.S. Lewis
As many of you noticed last year, the clothes the kids were wearing for their "back to school" photo was different than the outfit they actually wore on the first day of school. I pick my battles, people. I did the same this year. I know full well that they will throw an epic tantrum about the outfit I selected on the morning of the first day (blame it on first day jitters, I guess) and so I take the pictures several days beforehand. This way, I can scrap the entire thing if the kids aren't tolerating it. Obsessive? Perhaps. Smart? Absolutely. :)
Either way, I'm super happy with the results!
We also got an awesome laughing picture, but the one above just seemed to show their personalities so much more. Here's the other great one.
When I look back at last year's picture (which has been my running favorite of the girls), I'm struck by how much older they look. I know this is a given, but when I see them day to day, I feel like they always look the same. It is when I see a side by side when I realize - holy crap - they are big kids!
![]() |
| Clearly I have a thing for red, gray and blue for fall photos.... |
This year is Lia's final year in preschool. She starts Pre-k next week and I'm freaked already because that means next year she is in KINDERGARTEN. How did that happen? Only one more year with my girl home with me most of the time during the week. Some days I think about how wonderful that will be (haha). Other days I want to burst into tears at the mere thought of having her gone for so long. Either way - we've got a whole year. I'll worry about kindergarten later. :)
Erin and Halle will be in class together for the 3 year old class. They start going three days a week this year which means I'll have all three kids in school three days per week. Maybe I can actually get some work done now!!!! (I'm pretty sure I said the same thing last year...)
Sweet Erin is so over-the-top pumped about starting the Cats class. I'm hoping she will be as comfortable the first day as it seems she will be. She already knows the teacher since it was Lia's teacher this year, so I'm hoping that will help. If she's already received Erin's approval, that's half the battle!
Erin and Halle's teacher this past year said we should consider splitting them for the Pre-k class to see how they do in separate classes. Part of me agrees that it would be easier to test this in a familiar environment of preschool rather than waiting until Kinder or 1st grade, but the other part of me feels sad they wouldn't have each other nearby. I don't have to make any decisions about that until January, so we'll see how they do this fall in the same class and go from there. :)
Halle is also super excited about her new class and is mostly preparing for show and tell. She already has her show and tell item picked out and ready to go (a tiny tiger in a shopkins basket) (don't ask me... I have no idea....) :)
Happiest of happy back to school cheers for these precious girls!










No comments:
Post a Comment