Art has been a saving grace for us while we are in a small space. It is creative and is something they always enjoyed, but now, we have art time almost daily. Lia is always asking to paint, that is by far her favorite thing to do and she will do more pictures than the other two combined. I love that their pictures are becoming something more than just exploration of materials. Now they have ideas and things they are trying to draw/paint and it is fun to see what they are thinking.
This is my absolute favorite one Lia has done lately! Usually I will just let them color/paint/etc and then tape their art on the wall in their room, but this one needed a full caption and I pulled it to be saved. Priceless!!!
Erin and Halle also have some unexpected details when asked about their work. I love how Halle described hers as "green and blue stuff mixed up." Oh, and Erin's, beware of the scorpion!!
I feel like the kids are already learning lots in their new classes at school. Erin and Halle impressed me the other day by writing their own names!!! I didn't have to help Halle at all (which was so amazing!) and Erin wanted to know what letter came next, but then she was able to do it with very little direction. I still had to remind her that an E only has three lines (top, middle and bottom), not 27... So proud though!!! Way to go girls!!!!
Lia's teacher in her class is new to the school, so no one really knew what to expect. So far she is doing a great job and Lia enjoys her class. This picture is up on the bulletin board at her school.
I asked her about it and she said it was a letterboxing map. The blue dot is the "letterbox treasure that is hiding." So happy she is enjoying this new hobby!
This one made me melt! I'm the person with "the bun for hair on top, but some hanging down" and she is the "one with the lots of hair and a pony in the back, a low pony." She drew us small, but "then needed to make it bigger so we could see everything."









No comments:
Post a Comment