I'm also excited to see how girl scouts has evolved since I participated as a kid - much more about STEM activities, leadership, empowerment and promoting strong, powerful women. Love it all. They also welcome dads to be involved which is great for Todd who loved scouts as a kid.
Last night we had our first meet and greet party where we got to meet most of the other girls in her troop. It was great for her to see some kids that will be in kindergarten with her and for Todd and I to meet other parents also sending their kids to kinder for the first time. Win, Win!
They had a blast swimming and playing, ate a cookout dinner and then got together for a name game. The leader, Juanita, also began teaching them the girl scout promise. So cute!
Cheers to an exciting first year! Really hoping this troop can be the start of some great friendships. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment