Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Julia Visits!

This past week we invited Julia to visit for a few days.  I met up with Elizabeth in Waco with the kids for the big trade off and they were all SO HAPPY to be together.  It was constant giggles and chatter the whole 2 hour ride home.  Even Lia (who hates the car) said "Mom!  That wasn't even that long!"  Haha - time flies when you are having fun.

Since Julia was here in the middle of the week, it was pretty much life as usual for Todd and I - work, work, work.  The kids were literally playing non-stop from morning to night and needed very little intervention or help.  As long as I kept them fed and watered, we were good to go!

Favorite activities included playing "family," having tea parties, playing legos, building train tracks, and playing outside in the hose and blow up pool.  They went to bed easily (Julia was the easiest one!) and slept late (freaking miracle).


We went on a car ride one day to run some quick errands (which ended up not being so quick) so as a reward/bribery for their continues patience, we stopped for milkshakes.  Julia couldn't even get through her milkshake - sleep was taking over...  so funny.  You can't see here, but her cup is sitting precariously in her lap.  Every time it started to move, she'd startle awake and drink some more.  I don't think she had any idea she was falling asleep.  It was epic.


I'd say at least 50% of the time was spent in swimsuits - either in or outside...  haha

Water balloon bonanza!  Not pictured:  the ridiculous power struggle that ensued trying to get them to clean up water balloon pieces before starting a movie....

Overall it was a fun experience for the kids and was not as much work as I was anticipating from a parenting perspective.  We pretty much did the same things, I just had to count to 4 instead of 3 when we were out in public.  I'm also fairly certain I got more than the usual stares from strangers trying to figure out how in the heck I have 4 girls that look the same age.  The usual "twins?" comment with my answer of "yes" was probably more confusing than helpful...  haha




No comments:

Post a Comment