Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Summer Stories

 A quick and fun photo dump for the end of summer!  I'm midway through writing the blog post for our lake trip, but wanted to go ahead and get this one posted.  

When scrolling through all my random summer photos, tons of photos sort of resembled the ones below...  Most I have no idea why or when the photo was taken.












This one I remember...  there was a rumor that there was a shortage on tampons..  So I stocked up - and grabbed some champagne to celebrate a new client with Todd.  It was quite the interesting basket... lol


For my birthday, Todd got me airtags that link with my phone.  We immediately put one on Birdie's collar b/c that damn dog does NOT come back when she is called.  "Oh, she'll learn when she gets older!" they said.  No.  She doesn't.  We also have one on a strap the kids can hook on to their belt loop when they go bike riding around the neighborhood.  Helps with my anxiety level of them doing things more independently!  


Our recycle crew apparently decided they no longer want to pick up boxes that are flattened and sitting next to our bin.  Stupid in my opinion.  So, this is the result of that....  this is probably mild...  ugh.

This picture needs no caption.

Lia's girl scout vest with all her badges!  SO CUTE



For Christmas, we got Erin a box of prank things she could do to other people.  She finds these to be hilarious.  Well, I went to meet up with Erin and Ashley for some girl scout planning and this twist up butterfly went completely flying across the table when I opened my iPad and scared the crap out of me.  Major score for Erin.  She said it had be in there for several days...  just waiting...


I gave Lia my reading glasses to try out.  The result was totally adorable.  This was a lazy summer day and I think she plowed through about 3-4 books.  That's my girl!


In early June, we went on a quick camping trip with the Shorts and Kasprzaks to celebrate the Shorts' new camper!!  It is really awesome.  They made a great choice.










So the random thing that happened on this trip is while we were at the lake swimming, the power went out at the park - still not sure why.  But, there was a park attendant there waiting for us when we pulled in to let us know what was going on.  Big problem?  She didn't check inside the campers b/c we had Birdie and Maya inside the campers and it had been over an hour in 100+ heat.  No bueno...  

Birdie was ok but Maya was inside her crate and unable to move to a cooler spot.  She was a little woozy and it was scary for a bit.  Luckily with a quick hose down and some water she improved.  Scary though.  

The other yucky side effect???  the ribs that had been merrily cooking in the "travel Traeger" (yes, it is a thing - no one said camping had to be roughing it... lol) had been shut off.  No clue if they were totally gross.  The guys figured out how to power the Traegar with the truck and so dinner was saved.  AND it ended up being some of the best ribs ever.  Total win.




Austin has a new soccer team and Todd has gone every chance he gets - he loves it!


Michael randomly visited one weekend - the kids LOVE Uncle Michael.


She's a perfect office dog....

I got Todd a test flight for Christmas and he finally got to go!  Said it was totally awesome.

Feekin family visit!  SO FUN!  LOTS of wine...

Lia's face while listening to the adult conversations after probably too much wine...  lol

Todd got to go golfing with my Dad and his brothers at a fancy golf course and had a total ball.





I was at the pediatrician with Erin for a potential ear infection when I saw this picture up on the wall:

I texted Todd "Hey, this is on the wall at the doctor - is there where you are right now???  If so... that's creepy weird."  He texted me this picture back.  VERY WEIRD.

Random cute pic from a visit with GG and Pop Pop!

Back to school shoe shopping MAY have gone off the rails a bit...

In honor of back to school... Todd bought us a bus.  

It is huge and makes the Armada look like a tiny toy.  But, this thing is going to pull the camper like a BOSS.


Happy summer days for sure!  

Lake trip post upcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment