Monday, November 10, 2014

Muffin Dates

Todd and I have been talking for awhile about incorporating Erin and Halle in the "muffin date" tradition we have created with Lia.  Over the weekend, both Erin and Halle had their own muffin dates!!

To avoid having Lia feel left out, I took her on a little outing all by herself too.  We went to Target and she got to choose all of the plates, napkins, decor, cake, etc for her birthday party!!  She super excited about it and out of all the choices in the entire party aisle...  we came home with Frozen.  I should have guessed.  :)

Sunday Todd took Lia and Erin out for a fun walk and Halle and I went to the bookstore to begin our muffin date.  As it turns out, the bookstore is a PERFECT muffin date for Halle.  She was in heaven pulling the books down from the shelf and sitting to look at them all one by one.  I probably read about 15 books to her while we were there and found some great books for the kids to give to them for Christmas.




After the bookstore, we went to Pets Mart which is basically like a free zoo when you have a toddler.  She was a little tentative at first, but then had a great time looking at the fish, mice, cats, dogs, lizards, snakes, and birds.  While we were there, Halle learned (and openly showed me!) the signs for all the animals.  So cute.


We also topped off our fun day with a stop at Half Price Books - just to see what they had - she found stuffed animals that were really hard for me not to buy - but I resisted!!

After naps, Todd and Erin went out to dinner at Fudruckers and to Cabela's.  Todd did give in a buy a stuffed animal for Erin (see, impossible!!) but we are returning it after realizing it was $25.00!!!  No thanks...



It ended up being a really great weekend and I felt good about having some one on one time with Erin and Halle.  They enjoy being together so much, sometimes it takes a conscious effort to do something with just one of them.  Todd and I both enjoyed it and we will be continuing our muffin dates x 3!!

Today while Lia was at school, I sat Halle down to see if I could get her to do all her new signs for a video.  Erin did not want to be left out and crawled up on the couch right next to Halle.  Halle proceeded to sign everything (she performed!!) while Erin tried to say everything verbally.  Pretty freaking adorable if you ask me!



Happy Monday!

1 comment: