I never thought it would actually happen. Even up until 1-2 days before we left I didn't think we would actually pull it off - our first trip without children!!
HUGE thanks to Todd's parents, GG and Pop Pop, who graciously, nervously and excitedly took over the parenting role for 4 days while Todd and I flew out to San Francisco for our friend Lindsay's wedding. They weathered a few unexpected events (bees and some broken glass) and seemed to come out unscathed. Amazing. Todd and I half expected them to run in the opposite direction the second our feet entered our home, but no! They stayed for dinner! Ha. It was wonderful to get pictures of the fun times our kids were having when we were away and some of the voxer message recording from Lia were so precious. I'll have to figure out how to get those on the blog for you all to hear. That sweet little voice saying "I wub you mama, I wub you dada! You are at the ocean?? I like the ocean!!" So stinking cute!
 |
| Trick or Treating with GG and Pop Pop!! |
 |
| Candy coma |
We arrived in San Francisco Friday around 10am and the wedding took place on the coast in Half Moon Bay so we split our time between the two locations. Half Moon Bay was really all about relaxing, enjoying ocean views, attending wedding events and consuming a large amount of wine... :)
 |
| The wedding ceremony took place on this golf course - off to the right you can see the wedding set up - the little arch with some white chairs. Gorgeous. |
 |
| Lindsay and her dad |
 |
| Me and Lindsay's mom - so many of the guests knew me and Lindsay from when we were small children. It was a funny blast from the past for sure!! |
On to San Francisco! We had a great time exploring the city, taking pictures of bridges, noting the coffee shops on literally every corner, assessing the number of people running and exercising around us (a lot!), avoiding tourist locations, seeing the "Painted Ladies" houses, stumbling across a farmer's market with excellent cheese and fresh squeezed juice, seeking medicine for my husband who decided to eat shellfish and have an allergic reaction, and enjoying the AMAZING view from our Air BNB rental condo.
 |
| This is probably my favorite picture from the trip. |
 |
| Painted Ladies! |
 |
| Bay bridge at night - this was the view from our condo! |
 |
| With the time change from CST to PST, plus the daylight savings time shift, Todd easily woke up for sunrise on Sunday morning and caught this amazing shot from the window of the condo. |
We were sad to leave on Sunday morning, but were super excited to see the kids. They were glued to us from the moment we walked in and I think it is safe to say they missed us! Lia is still talking about everything she got to do with GG and Pop Pop, so I'm pretty sure they had a great time while we were gone. It was a fabulous experience and Todd and I knew the kids were in great hands. Thank you so much GG & Pop Pop!!
No comments:
Post a Comment