Friday, March 27, 2015

Zoo Day!

The weather has been amazing lately and has inspired me to get the heck out of the house and DO SOMETHING with the kids.  I got up the guts to take them to the Austin Zoo recently and I am so glad we went!  I was worried about taking all three kids by myself and hauling all their gear, but I managed to only have to carry one bag and we didn't even take the stroller!  I was worried that decision would be something I would regret, but it was so nice to not have another thing to keep track of.

We spent about 2 hours walking around and seeing all the animals.  Erin and Halle did great, even though I'm not sure how many of the animals they could actually find.  Lia, well Lia had an absolute ball.  She wanted to go back and do it all over again.





This turtle was HUGE and was standing so still it completely freaked Erin and Halle out when it started to move.  Hilarious.

Tiger!



Feeding the animals was Lia's favorite part of the day.  She loved it.  Anything that would consider eating those pellets was offered food.  She successfully fed the goats and the deer all by herself.  She's braver than me, those goats freak me out.




Erin and Halle thought it was fun as long as I was helping them (holding the food) when the animal took it.  Halle was a little offended the deer took something from her (see her possessive stance below) and Erin did well until she tried some of the food and just wanted to eat it all herself.  So gross.  (don't worry people, it's all natural).

We had a fun picnic lunch and chased a few peacocks and then were on our way home.



We got home right before nap time and I was so excited about that.  They did so much walking and running around I was certain they would just pass out.  Did they?  NOPE.  NO ONE NAPPED.  Crazy kids.

1 comment:

  1. You are one brave mama! So impressed you not only did that solo but without a stroller! We went yesterday and my FIVE year olds were complaining about walking and I ended up alternating piggy back rides! So crazy your kids didn't nap after that- not at all fair for mommy.

    ReplyDelete