Monday, December 22, 2014

Garden Play

Todd and I took the kids out to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center to a new garden they just opened specifically for kids.  It is amazing.  Go http://www.wildflower.org/familygarden_explore/ to learn more about it, but they have all kinds of things for the kids to do - logs to climb on, water to explore, caves, rocks, bridges....  The kids were in heaven and Lia especially was all over the place with a giant smile on her face the entire time.  It was gloomy and a little cold, so we were literally the only people there.  We had the place to ourselves!

Giant bird nests and in the back is a play area of just trees to climb on.  We probably spent the most time in that area.




Erin was SO PROUD of herself for climbing up by herself.



I love this one. :)

They had an indoor area just for kids (note the child size door in the background) and the kids colored, read books, got to touch nature items, etc.



Lia telling Todd that she is STRONG enough to throw a coin in the water.

Throwing her wish!




This is my other favorite of Lia from the day - reminds me of the running picture we have of when she was younger.


This was Lia most of the time - climbing on EVERYTHING


Sweet Erin.  My fav of the day of her.






Erin needed a little break...









Here's where things when a little downhill.  Lia started climbing up this wall and got a lot higher than I realized she could go...  As soon as the words "Lia, I think that is high enough, time to come down" left my mouth, she turned and fell...  total bummer.


She landed on her hands and knees and scraped up her face on the gravel.  I think it scared her more than anything, but she does have a nice scrape on her cheek just in time for Christmas....








Erin's face pretty much captures the success we had at getting a picture of all three of the kids together.  Utter FAIL




This is my favorite of Halle

I know her eyes are closed - but c'mon - don't you just want to laugh along with her?

"Hey, Erin, you got dirt on my shirt!!"

"Yuck.  I don't like getting dirty!!"

"Let me just brush... this.... OFF!"


It was obviously a great day, despite Lia's little injury, and we all had a blast.  Hoping to go back lots and lots in the future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment