Friday, December 26, 2014

Utter Shock.

As a surprise for Todd this Christmas, I sent off for a DNA test for Erin and Halle.  We are asked all the time if they are identical and never knew for sure, so I thought it would be a fun surprise to finally know 100% if they are fraternal or identical.

I have a long family history of twins, so we always assumed they were fraternal while I was pregnant.  The pregnancy presented just like fraternal twins, but the specialist said there was a 15% chance they could be identical.  He also said "but with a family history like yours, I'm betting not."

So, I completed the ridiculous cheek swabbing requirements (first thing in the morning, in the evening before a meal, two times each for three days in a row) all without Todd finding out (which was the difficult part).  I sent the packet off and waited.  December 1st the results came in.  I hurried and put it in a hiding place and resisted the HUGE temptation to take a peek.  I didn't want to know either - I thought a surprise for everyone would be much more fun.

Without further adieu...



I was SHOCKED.  Todd just laughed.  The family freaked out.  It was completely crazy.  I still can't believe it - We have a final answer.  Erin and Halle are identical!


3 comments:

  1. This changed EVERYTHING!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have read this a bazillion times and I STILL can't believe it!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that settles it, Erin gets to have bangs!!!!!! haha

    ReplyDelete