Friday, July 19, 2013

How is Lillia doing?

Lia has been an absolute trooper, but is not without her own emotional challenges as we make this huge transition as a family.  She struggles with just plain being a toddler, wanting to do everything by herself, being jealous of attention to the twins, changes in routines, changes in having guests in the house, and maybe realizing that these two tiny babies aren't leaving with any of these guests...

I adore this picture...  thank god for cameras on phones...



I am so thankful that Lia has accepted the babies with happiness, rather than anger or extreme jealousy.  That may be coming, I do realize, but for now she is still happy to see the babies and enjoys watching them get diaper changes, baths and new clothes.  There have been times where she clearly wants the individual attention of me, Todd or anyone else in the room.  Luckily, we have had more than enough hands lately to feed her need for that attention.


" I Ally!"  (Hi Halle!)


Trying to put a diaper on her baby

Ahh yes, must have wipes first...

This is Lia's favorite afternoon activity - skinny dipping!

If all else fails, there is always Nemo

Or trains... 

She seems to struggle the most at bedtime and really had a difficult time with me not being able to put her to bed for nap or nighttime.  She was always used to Todd and I switching off but while recovering from my c-section, I wasn't able to climb stairs.  So, she seemed to show the most dissatisfaction with this change.  Tantrums and crazy ornery behavior we were not used to coming from our sweet baby girl.  But, I know she is going through some crazy stuff herself, so we are trying to be as understanding as possible while sticking with routines as much as we can.

Finally asleep after a 2 hour battle... 

She has enjoyed some Daddy/Daughter dates recently where Todd will just take her out of the house for a bit - that child gets so stir crazy!!  She has loved the one on one time and it seems to balance her out afterward for a bit.

Helping Daddy shop!

Painting her body with ketchup and yogurt... she is obsessed with any type of dips!

On top of all of this, we are dealing with three new teeth coming in (on top of the four molars she already is working on...)  Poor baby.    




On the bright side, her head wound is healing nicely and I'm hoping it goes away soon!

As a bonus, look what I did!!!  I was so proud of my ability to get three kids packed and out of the house for a walk.  Talk about a great mental health break.  I'm so glad the weather has been mild enough lately for this to be possible.  So crazy for a Texas July, but I'll happily take it!!


Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming... 

(too much Nemo - can you tell?)

No comments:

Post a Comment