Friday, July 5, 2013

Sisters!

Todd and I were so excited to introduce Lia to her new baby sisters!  We were a little unsure about how she would respond, but things could not have gone more perfectly.  Todd went home and picked Lia up for a visit and randomly the nursery needed to take the twins for bloodwork around that same time.  When Lia arrived, the babies were not in the room which ended up working out very well.  We opened a few gifts for Lia and played together for awhile.  I was so happy to see her and she seemed happy to see me too - which felt really good. 

A little bit later on, the nurse wheeled the babies into the room and Todd picked Lia up so she could see in the little crib.  Immediately she was so excited and started pointing saying "baby!  baby!"  Full of smiles and total joy - it was unbelievable.  We said "these are your sisters!" and Lia responded "sisas!"  Melt your heart...  Todd took Erin and let Lia meet her first while I took some pictures.  She was just enthralled and fascinated that this baby moves and responds to her touch.  She pointed out her nose over and over again - adorable. 

 

Took a cute video of her meeting Erin - she got distracted for a moment with a nurse coming in, but there are plenty of great moments to give you an idea.  :)


Lillia got really upset when Erin was laid back in her bed, but got really excited again when she realized there was ANOTHER baby to see.  I held Halle and let Lia say hello to her.




 


One of the nurses was generous enough to come do an impromptu photo shoot with all of us and turned out some pretty cute pictures.  I was so happy to get a few of all FIVE (aaahhhh!) of us together.









If the babies continue to do well then we may be heading home tomorrow!!  It is going to be an interesting ride for sure.  I'm looking forward to the adventure.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you thank you thank you for sharing these beautiful moments with us! Tearing up of course at the precious videos. Love you all! See you soooooooooon! Aunt Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious and amazing!! So sweet!! Great-Grandma Feekin is smiling from above!

    ReplyDelete