Things have been more than a little crazy around here (as you would expect with twins and a toddler, right?) and things just never seem to end. Todd had to rush out of town on Tuesday for a family emergency and so I was left with the impossible task of caring for newborn twins and a toddler while recovering from surgery. Needless to say, I needed help! Lucky for me, my parents recently moved down to the Austin area and so they were available and willing to help around the clock. My sister and Stephen also stepped up tremendously as well as other loving friends and neighbors. Thank you!!! I would not have survived otherwise... :)
Todd's parents got him this awesome shirt for Father's Day and we took this picture before he left.
And a fun picture of Lia skyping with Pop Pop, Nana and GG! Showing off her little sister!
We have continued the "boxed in babies" efforts and it is working quite well. I've had to rearrange the gate several times to find a set up that works the best, but knowing that she doesn't have full access to the babies makes me feel a little more comfortable.
I will say, Lia has been graced with new freedoms she didn't once have... "you want to throw all your food on the floor? Okay, as long as you are happy..." "Oh, you want to watch Nemo AGAIN? Okay, as long as you won't try to tackle your sisters..."
![]() |
| Watching Nemo with her friends |
To make things even more interesting, Lia decided on Wednesday night to battle the fireplace with her head... needless to say, the fireplace won.
It looks nasty, but we took her to the doctor and basically she shaved off some skin on her forhead, so no stitches were needed - just need to wait for it to heal and then do some intensive scar therapy lotion. Here's hoping she isn't left with a giant mark on her head for life...
My parents have been fabulous and helping so much with Todd gone. My mom has been staying the nights with me to help with feedings. I think Lia and these babies have worn her out!
![]() |
| I've gotten really good at this! |
Mostly, I have been trying my best to enjoy this time with all my little girlies.
![]() |
| Erin showing off her cute smile |
![]() |
| Halle in her ladybug hat! |
![]() |
| So small! |
![]() |
| Erin's tiny hands! |
![]() |
| Snuggle time with Erin |
![]() |
| Halle Erin |
![]() |
| Loving on her baby from Nana |

















No comments:
Post a Comment